Frank Howard ... | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard ...

Cowtown

Sesquipedalia verba
Didn't see him play, how did he look?

Made a bad mistake right away but was given a second chance later in the first half and did okay. He seems to settle the offense down nicely. I wasn't surprised he didn't get any run in the second half once G hit a three or two, plus we needed all the size we could get.

Played 7 minutes. Had a bad turnover in a sequence where he looked rattled by Duke's pressure and got yanked.

Agree with the posts above--he had one bad turnover where he was a little out of control late in the shot clock. But otherwise, he did what we needed today--played some minutes, enabled us to sit our senior backcourt down for a snippet of rest, didn't kill us, and gained some valuable experience playing on the road in a hostile environment.

just the one bad set.. was ok after that. if he ever starts to make that floater he will be tough as he can get there every time he wants it seems.

He did miss a short jumper right in Plumlee's grill (I think). It was one of those shots were you are so close you can't decide on using the backboard or going straight in, and you end up blending the two and missing. That would have been a huge confidence boost for him, but he muffed it.

He's going to be good. Trust me.

Much further along than people give him credit for. Very steady with the ball and great at getting in the lane. Good form too.

I'm a big fan.

Today just wasn't the time given opponent.

He has a high, lazy, unprotected dribble. He doesn't use his body to shield the ball from the defender, just keeps the ball right out in front of him. He's been getting away with it thus far because he hasn't faced too much man pressure. Today he could barely put the ball on the floor without getting the ball swiped away. It's sort of like a hitter with a hitch in his swing, can work in the minors, but it will be exposed in the bigs.

Last edited:
Kaleb Joseph must be jealous of frank Howard.

Joseph either got to SU a year to late or a year too early.

Made a bad mistake right away but was given a second chance later in the first half and did okay. He seems to settle the offense down nicely. I wasn't surprised he didn't get any run in the second half once G hit a three or two, plus we needed all the size we could get.

Agree with this - I think his bumble in the first half has been judged a tad harshly.

Shot clock was winding down, bad spacing with Richardson 4 feet away, but not in a good position to get the ball...that allowed the help defender to get a hand on the ball...awkward play, and once he lost the ball, seemed to panic and have trouble getting the handle back. Ugly, but not that unexpected. He had no options, and bad spacing...disaster was likely to follow.

I think he had the right state of mind with wanting to drive hard at that point. It just never came close to materializing.

Otherwise, thought he was fine - had a nice dish to Lydon, Lydon missed. Not much to judge, he didn't play much.

I was also not surprised he didn't get run in the second half, and there never really seemed to be a point where it made sense to get him in.

He has a high, lazy, unprotected dribble. He does use his body to shield the ball from the defender. He's been getting away with it thus far because he hasn't faced too much man pressure. Today he could barely put the ball on the floor without getting the ball swiped away. It's sort of a hitter with a hitch in his swing, can work in the minors, but it will be exposed in the bigs.

That's not what I saw at all. He can dribble high like you say, but he has another gear where he goes low and goes right by smaller guys. I agree with GoHamSU . He's going to be good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom