Official FSU Gameday Thread | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Official FSU Gameday Thread

I'm going to sit on the top of the door knocker with my other brains right in the strike zone so that something today can rival the unpleasantness of Scott shafer's shriveled brain

Up until today I have thought we probably should retain Shafer, but after today I do not think it will be possible. That is some of the stupidest decisions by a head coach I have ever seen. I am sure Shafer will have some nonsensical explanation for this however.
He better find a way to win today, because he probably swung Coyle to thinking he needs to go.

Norton screwed up the kick.

He shouldn't have been put in a position to make a kick requiring finesse in that scenario.

The inability of this staff to understand probabilities continues to reveal their gross incompetence.

the funniest thing is all us "idiot" fans knew the timeout was a titanic failure. we also knew they would score. Scotty Boy didnt i guess. Cant wait to hear him make excuses for that again. I am convinced that we would have a better record with a different coach. there are no more excuses for him. hes used them all.
Every game! The fans and announcers are like whoa don't do it, don't do it, DONT DO IT... Ugh, he did it.

He shouldn't have been put in a position to make a kick requiring finesse in that scenario.

The inability of this staff to understand probabilities continues to reveal their gross incompetence.
Do they understand the probability of getting fired?

Sorry but you can't give FSU a TD at home. Shafer hand wrapped that TD with a nice bow on it. Wow.

McDonough is laying into him too. Wonder where he stands on this. You can tel he is not impressed.

We have some obvious talent. Let's get a real coach in here so we don't waste their talent the next few years.
I would love to have Sean be a sideline reporter right now and ask HCSS WTH are doing out there?

docsu said:
Inability to learn from mistakes week to week is just a killer.

I've been solidly team Shafer...but damn that's unacceptable.

This is my biggest problem with Shafer, and I've been a supporter.

ForCuseSake said:
He shouldn't have been put in a position to make a kick requiring finesse in that scenario. The inability of this staff to understand probabilities continues to reveal their gross incompetence.

SU didn't want any return. The FSU returner is very good. They wanted a pooch to the 20. Norton messed up.

And while I am at it, every kid on FSU isn't that easy to work with. This staff should have made it work with Clark. I know the details. If SS thinks he can we recruiting the way he does, and only taking the kids he does, he is very wrong.

Totally agree. It's not like he was a criminal or anything of that sorts. It was stupid stuff that could have been easily taken care of. You can't recruit all angels and expect to win.

And while I have been in the camp that SS should be brought back, the answer that when you get a team you can do what you want is so unacceptable. It's a legit question and the paying fans would like an answer. You are not too big, as I think you are going to find out, to answer a question about why you do what you do. And you expect us to spend our time and money and go to the games?

Honestly as bad as we have played defensively it would have been a near miracle going into half down 1 touchdown, plus we get the ball to start the second half. It was to good to be true.

Up until today I have thought we probably should retain Shafer, but after today I do not think it will be possible. That is some of the stupidest decisions by a head coach I have ever seen. I am sure Shafer will have some nonsensical explanation for this however.
He better find a way to win today, because he probably swung Coyle to thinking he needs to go.
I truly think McDonoughs commentary is damning. Sean is a huge Syracuse guy and you can feel the disdain in his voice when talking about Shafer

I swear if they do a pooch kick on the kickoff and bad things happen like last game, someone's dog in the neighborhood is getting kicked in the nadds later.
Great now a gotta hurt someone's dog in the neighborhood and it won't be pretty.

SUbear said:
Up until today I have thought we probably should retain Shafer, but after today I do not think it will be possible. That is some of the stupidest decisions by a head coach I have ever seen. I am sure Shafer will have some nonsensical explanation for this however. He better find a way to win today, because he probably swung Coyle to thinking he needs to go.

A Russian plane went down in Egypt overnight. If you haven't heard about that yet then just wait until Shafer's post game.

#Istandwithclockmanagementandkickoffs

Shark90210 said:
not the point. the game clock should have been under 20 seconds. then, even that crap kick would not have hurt us.

I know. The timeout was bad.

image-2301353037.jpg

Seriously

I wasn't going to start drinking until our neighborhood's Halloween party at 5.

Shafer changed my plans. Again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom