Q&A with Tyler Ennis

MaxwellCuse

All Conference
Awesome read.

Loved his take on Pitt / the shot, and what dickb-gs their jerkoff fanbase are.

And make no mistake: their fanbase is comprised of jerkoffs.
Well, we called them jagoffs when I lived down that way, but I get what you’re saying.

721Comstock

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Rebounder
So - can we finally put to rest the board tropes that:

Ennis hates JB.
Ennis should have come back for another year.

I get that there was some friction at the time he left, but clearly it’s water under the bridge for all parties.

Last edited:

two3zone

RIP Shark58
Ironic seeing Tyler say “he never restricted me in any way” considering all the talk this off-season. If Coach trusts you (which you have to earn) then you get the freedom that comes with our system.
His backup was a forward and Ennis averaged 37 minutes a game. How are you going to restrict your only point guard?

djcon57

Hall of Fame
Ironic seeing Tyler say “he never restricted me in any way” considering all the talk this off-season. If Coach trusts you (which you have to earn) then you get the freedom that comes with our system.
he also said “Luckily for me, my situation was I was essentially the only point guard on the roster my year. I had no choice but to play.”

Cuse1055

SU Video Maven
Pearl, Gerry, Red, Jonny and to an extent Brandon Triche were all freshmen PGs who didn’t play with restrictions as well. I didn’t mention Jason Hart because he, like Tyler, didn’t have another PG on the roster. Am I missing any?

longtimefan

All American
Pearl, Gerry, Red, Jonny and to an extent Brandon Triche were all freshmen PGs who didn’t play with restrictions as well. I didn’t mention Jason Hart because he, like Tyler, didn’t have another PG on the roster. Am I missing any?
Edelin.

OrangeDW

Cmon. Kadary’s better
For some of us that was kinda the point. Personally I wanted us to run the offense like we had a legit big time PG, rather than a combo guard. Kadary playing off the ball was a waste of time. Joe on the ball was often a waste of time. Ennis never played off the ball while Cooney ran the offense.
Triche didn’t play the same role as those guys IMO. He had Rautins who often played a PG role too. Autry didn’t have the reigns to the extent that Ennis did either, really from what I remember. The offense ran through Billy who had PG skills from the forward spot.

Cuse1055

SU Video Maven
For some of us that was kinda the point. Personally I wanted us to run the offense like we had a legit big time PG, rather than a combo guard. Kadary playing off the ball was a waste of time. Joe on the ball was often a waste of time. Ennis never played off the ball while Cooney ran the offense.

Triche didn’t play the same role as those guys IMO. He had Rautins who often played a PG role too. Autry didn’t have the reigns to the extent that Ennis did either, really from what I remember. The offense ran through Billy who had PG skills from the forward spot.

In that sense I guess you could say Marek also had the PG skills from the forward/center spot since a lot of our offense ran through him and he was utilized often to break presses.

OrangeDW

Cmon. Kadary’s better
Watched Ennis quite a bit during his stint with the Lakers. It’s too bad he never really became a good shooter. He really could run the pick and roll, and understood the game. Ball just didn’t go in the basket enough and it never really improved.

rrlbees

2017 ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
Staff member
Now we’re going to never? Come on man.

well you’re the one that said edelin and others weren’t allowed to shoot. You didn’t frame it in any way. But more broadly, you don’t know, and neither do I, what JB told any player about shooting. Although we can assume he told Chukwu not to take 3’s.

two3zone

RIP Shark58
well you’re the one that said edelin and others weren’t allowed to shoot. You didn’t frame it in any way. But more broadly, you don’t know, and neither do I, what JB told any player about shooting. Although we can assume he told Chukwu not to take 3’s.
We know he’s told players not to shoot as he’s mentioned it before in pressers. Roberson was one of those guys.

rrlbees

2017 ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
Staff member
We know he’s told players not to shoot as he’s mentioned it before in pressers. Roberson was one of those guys.

sure if JB said it in a presser we can believe it. But I’ve very very very rarely heard him say that. Did he say it himself about edelin?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom