There has been some concern by some that | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

There has been some concern by some that

I wish JB (If he loses cole) moves frank to a 4. Would be beastly
Been saying this. Feel like it’s the only way he comes back. Guarantees him more then just backing up Jesse and it’s been done in the past with some very successful teams.

Franks gone. Just heard from a very reliable source.I don’t normally post things like this, and no I won’t say who.
Not really a big surprise. Frank showed he could be playing big minutes somewhere, but he knew it wouldn't be here with Jesse starting.

Sorry to see you go, Frank, but I wish you good luck wherever you land.

Would have laughed my ass off if Frank fouled Walton on the game tying dunk, he made the "and 1", and we lost in regulation.
So are you saying you agree with having Jimmy at C in that spot?
If Jimmy was faster in the middle he likely would have done just that. Wake scored so quickly.

If we are doing hypotheticals i will say Frank blocks the layup and we win in regulation.

That and we better be recruiting some stud, ready from day 1 centers HARD for the class of 2023, because after Jesse finishes up next year, we’ve got a 190 pound young kid coming off a missed senior season of HS in the pipeline and nothing else.
Jesse was a total last second flyer project and Frank didn't even play basketball, but somehow our inept, loser coaching staff managed to develop their talent pretty well.

So are you saying you agree with having Jimmy at C?
If Jimmy was faster in the middle he likely would have done just that. Wake scored so quickly.

I would have preferred not turning the ball over in the 1st place.

If the game was in mid Feb instead of early Jan, I would have preferred Frank.

On Jan 8th, I'm not going to complain about keeping Jimmy in for 1 defensive stop.

EDIT: and it's all my fault we turned it over in the 1st place. I was the dumbass in the chatroom who said "2 FT's from Buddy and we're home free".

:(

My concern is how we address the portal. I want 2 guys, regardless of position, that could play for either Houston or Texas Tech. I don't see one on the roster. The only recruit I could see either of those places is Brown. And as far as outgoing portal Joe, Jesse and Benny are the key keeps. I haven't given up hope (expectation?) that Benny will be the best player on this team before he leaves.
This is no disrespect to any other player. The portal is a new world and I expect every player to consider the portal every year because they can. Bringing in only players you previously recruited is clearly a recipe for failure and a failure to read the situation. Eg. If Charlie Moore comes to SU instead of Symir SU is likely in the tournament. Assuming the coach realized his lack of PG. Again, no disrespect to Symir but Moore was a double digit scorer 4 times in his career and Hon Mention All ACC. Symir is none of those things.
PG was already taken…before the season started.

I wouldn't say Frank is good, but he's the kind of C we would have felt good about in the past when he would have been surrounded by 4 good players.

I don't think not having a backup C will be the reason we're bad next season, but it won't help.

Because we needed more than 1 stop in OT?
I gave you a like because you shouldn’t have to defend the decision. We all know JB isn’t perfect but that even he would admit was a mistake.

I wouldn't say Frank is good, but he's the kind of C we would have felt good about in the past when he would have been surrounded by 4 good players.

I don't think not having a backup C will be the reason we're bad next season, but it won't help.
Finding a backup center isn’t an option.

What sucks about losing Frank is that we are developing him as an underclassmen and when it clicks it won’t be here.
The kid may not be a superstar but he is a good backup.
Would Mookie Watkins transfer after his Sophomore year now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom