There has been some concern by some that | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

There has been some concern by some that

You are funny. Can I rent you for practice when i got depositons.
You would be hard to break.

Recruiting hasn’t been what it used to be.
If Frank leaves because he knows that Jesse is due for a monster season and he will get most of the PT, with the portal and no sitting a year, that's not on the staff, it's the new normal.

Jesse was a total last second flyer project and Frank didn't even play basketball, but somehow our inept, loser coaching staff managed to develop their talent pretty well.
Took awhile for both. Maybe not as long as they had us think by keeping them on the bench in favor of non centers, but they weren’t ready from day 1 guys.

Carey may develop into an outstanding center here - doesn’t seem likely to be ready in 2023-24 though.

I’m more concerned with recruiting/roster management/playing the right guys than I am with developing players though.

What sucks about losing Frank is that we are developing him as an underclassmen and when it clicks it won’t be here.
The kid may not be a superstar but he is a good backup.
Would Mookie Watkins transfer after his Sophomore year now?
That’s the portal man. We have benefited from it too with guys who developed like G, Eli, Swider, etc

What sucks about losing Frank is that we are developing him as an underclassmen and when it clicks it won’t be here.
The kid may not be a superstar but he is a good backup.
Would Mookie Watkins transfer after his Sophomore year now?
Nice having a plus athlete who rebounds and dunks with authority at center for once, too.

Nice having a plus athlete who rebounds and dunks with authority at center for once, too.

Yep. He always made me think of big Jerm. Longer, leaner but still that dunk everything and top end athlete kinda guy. Perfect kid who could be a high minutes backup then a starter after Jesse leaves

If Frank is the one that "stings" as referenced in Dasher's post, that isn't the worst scenario by a long stretch. I like Frank, and I really wish he would stay because he'd give us quality minutes, but those minutes would be as a backup center. With last years historically bad team I am not going to worry to.much about losing a backup player at any position. What I am worried about is that the staff doesn't use the opening of these scholarships to upgrade this team at spots of weakness. That is by far my biggest worry. And there will be players in the portal, who are obtainable, who can really help this team. Given the success this program has had with transfers, they should be able to sell/recruit upgrades where needed. There really are no excuses for anything less.

If Frank is the one that "stings" as referenced in Dasher's post, that isn't the worst scenario by a long stretch. I like Frank, and I really wish he would stay because he'd give us quality minutes, but those minutes would be as a backup center. With last years historically bad team I am not going to worry to.much about losing a backup player at any position. What I am worried about is that the staff doesn't use the opening of these scholarships to upgrade this team at spots of weakness. That is by far my biggest worry. And there will be players in the portal, who are obtainable, who can really help this team. Given the success this program has had with transfers, they should be able to sell/recruit upgrades where needed. There really are no excuses for anything less.
My first thought of “stings” was Benny, then Symir, then Frank. I’m hoping there isn’t a mass exodus.

Frank isn’t so much of a loss next year. But he will be the following year. With our inability to recruit qualify big men, we’re looking at Carey or another project at the 5.

Frank isn’t so much of a loss next year. But he will be the following year. With our inability to recruit qualify big men, we’re looking at Carey or another project at the 5.

I think it's a loss for both. Unless the top and wings of the zone get much better.

I agree. This definitely hurts us more 2 yrs out. And I would love to have Frank stay but it could have been worse as far as potential transfers are concerned. At this point we really need to win next year, im just hoping the staff can turn a negative into some positives with the openings from Frank, Chaz, JBA, and maybe Cole (all of these guys are unverified, just extrapolating from insider posts/hints)

The fact that we absolutely need Benny to be a good starter next season after the way he played this year is another issue but I’d rather still have him.

Got to get things fixed.
Its not going to happen anytime soon. I fully admit I'm going to try to be realistic going forward.

Best case scenarios until Jim steps away will be bubble teams. That's best case.
I expect it can get worse than we saw this year. Much worse.

I think there's enough talent out there looking for playing time along with what we are bringing back that we can get some guys to make the bubble. But if Jim doesn't want to put the work in, it's going to get grim.

Your mom's a big fan of the eye test.
1648595974401.gif

Im fine as long as Jesse, Joe and Symir stay. Obviously I want Frank and Benny to as well, but I don’t think either would be detrimental to the team considering other available portal options.

Need to keep your vets and ball handlers.

Joe and Symir are very replaceable.

Frank is a backup center on a good team. If he’s leaving, hopefully he finds success.

IF in fact he does leave, I get it in his situation. He had some success this year and has improved. He wants to play and he wants to play now. With Jesse he knows he’s probably at best getting 10mpg. Would hate to see him go because he’s the perfect backup for us but I’d wish him well and hope he does well wherever that is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom