There is an opportunity here | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

There is an opportunity here

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB said the right thing ... you have to earn the starting job. But if JB truly believed that then Kadary would have started in January. His actions didn’t match his words
But isn’t that right about the time he had the nagging injury?

I don’t think so? I thought that happened way later in the season. Regardless, Kadary was better than Joe pretty much the whole year
I agree and I really believe that next year he would’ve had the opportunity to prove it. It’s a shame, but that’s the state of where college sports are now so it’s tough to blame...

I agree and I really believe that next year he would’ve had the opportunity to prove it. It’s a shame, but that’s the state of where college sports are now so it’s tough to blame...
So the better player should start, and you agree that Kadary was better than Joe all year, but also Kadary didn't start all year, and also this is Kadary's fault for leaving, not Boeheim's?

So the better player should start, and you agree that Kadary was better than Joe all year, but also Kadary didn't start all year, and also this is Kadary's fault for leaving, not Boeheim's?
Not sure where you got all that from. Look at my original comments. They were in regards to next year. As far as this year, I think various circumstances came into play, and I placed blame on no one, just think it’s a shame that we’re in a place where guys would rather bail than compete. I wish Kadary well, he’ll shine wherever he ends up. Just wish it would’ve been here...

Not sure where you got all that from. Look at my original comments. They were in regards to next year. As far as this year, I think various circumstances came into play, and I placed blame on no one, just think it’s a shame that we’re in a place where guys would rather bail than compete. I wish Kadary well, he’ll shine wherever he ends up. Just wish it would’ve been here...
Why would he come back to try to out compete a guy and start when he already out competed him and didn't start? I mean, how much better did he have to be? He was already substantially better.

Why would he come back to try to out compete a guy and start when he already out competed him and didn't start? I mean, how much better did he have to be? He was already substantially better.
Because that’s what competition is, or at least that’s what I was taught by all my coaches growing up. I understand we live in different times now, so it is what it is...I think he is substantially more talented, not necessarily always better this year. I think at full health he would’ve started next year, but we’ll never get to find out...

Because that’s what competition is, or at least that’s what I was taught by all my coaches growing up. I understand we live in different times now, so it is what it is...I think he is substantially more talented, not necessarily always better this year. I think at full health he would’ve started next year, but we’ll never get to find out...
Weren’t they competing for the spot this year too?

Last edited:
Why would he come back to try to out compete a guy and start when he already out competed him and didn't start?

Because that’s what competition is, or at least that’s what I was taught by all my coaches growing up.

You were taught that competition in sports was rigged and unfair? And that the right response to being subjected to the wrong side of favoritism was to subject yourself to it again?

Weren’t the competing for the spot this year too?
Please read my initial post. Maybe I’m misremembering, but I really feel Kadary was in the verge of getting those minutes this year when the injury hit him. Then his minutes diminished, and by the end of the year JB was not going to mess with the lineup. There were many games this year where he got the crunch time minutes. I think next year, he would’ve gotten the nod. Again, we’ll never know...

You were taught that competition in sports was rigged and unfair? And that the right response to being subjected to the wrong side of favoritism was to subject yourself to it again?
No I was taught that those were excuses. The fans (and parents) are the ones that cry rigged and unfair. I’ve been on the end of that many times as a coach. Most of the time the ones yelling unfair don’t know all the circumstances...

Please read my initial post. Maybe I’m misremembering, but I really feel Kadary was in the verge of getting those minutes this year when the injury hit him. Then his minutes diminished, and by the end of the year JB was not going to mess with the lineup. There were many games this year where he got the crunch time minutes. I think next year, he would’ve gotten the nod. Again, we’ll never know...
One game he looked limited, outside of that he looked fine and got us through games we needed him, I don’t buy this big injury situation, if it was that bad he wouldn’t have played and 5 more minutes wouldn’t have killed him.

He wasn’t getting the nod next year, there is zero evidence suggesting Joe Girard is going to the bench.

No I was taught that those were excuses. The fans (and parents) are the ones that cry rigged and unfair. I’ve been on the end of that many times as a coach. Most of the time the ones yelling unfair don’t know all the circumstances...

We all (mostly) watch the games and have been doing so for decades.
What we see is pretty self-evident.
There are statistics to back up these observations.
I appreciate that you want to trust the coaches, but objectivity doesn't seem to be Boeheim's strong suit in press conferences for several years now.

He wasn’t getting the nod next year, there is zero evidence suggesting Joe Girard is going to the bench.
That’s where I disagree and think you’re jumping to conclusions. You can’t base next year solely on what happened this year. Lots of things could and many times do change over that amount of time

You've already admitted Kadary was better. You're the one arguing in circles making excuses for Boeheim instead of analyzing the situation.

We all (mostly) watch the games and have been doing so for decades.
What we see is pretty self-evident.
There are statistics to back up these observations.
I appreciate that you want to trust the coaches, but objectivity doesn't seem to be Boeheim's strong suit in press conferences for several years now.
I agree. I have several qualms with the way JB handles things over the years. I’m in my 6 the decade of watching games. I too believe Kadary is the better player. I just know that statistics and what we see watching games doesn’t always tell the whole story...

You've already admitted Kadary was better. You're the one arguing in circles making excuses for Boeheim instead of analyzing the situation.
How am I making excuses for Boeheim? All I ever said is that I wished Kadary would’ve stuck around to prove himself

How am I making excuses for Boeheim? All I ever said is that I wished Kadary would’ve stuck around to prove himself
Reread your posts man, if you can't see it, I can't help you.

Kentucky lost legit everyone on their roster in 2019 and filled it with a bunch of 4/5 stars and impact transfers for 2020. Still went 9-16 on the year under a HOF coach. I can’t stop thinking about how we probably won’t reload with the same overall level of talent and how bad we could be next year...

Kentucky lost legit everyone on their roster in 2019 and filled it with a bunch of 4/5 stars and impact transfers for 2020. Still went 9-16 on the year under a HOF coach. I can’t stop thinking about how we probably won’t reload with the same overall level of talent and how bad we could be next year...
Or we could be better? Maybe we get a group that just gels...idk. im trying to stay positive and hopefully we take advantage of all the talent in the portal because its loaded...I just hope we don't settle and take the low hanging fruit. Long ways to go from now until we play again so let's see how this shakes out and who we start getting involved with will tell us a lot. We have to be aggressive.

He already did prove himself. He is clearly the better point guard, and we play better as a team with him running the point instead of Girard.

A couple people have posted that Kadary asked JB for assurances that he would start next year. I think this is plausible. When he didn't get that assurance, there was nothing left to hang around for.

Oh, by the way, Kentucky has expressed interest in Kadary and one other PG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom