Who thinks we Can and Will turn it around | Syracusefan.com

Who thinks we Can and Will turn it around

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
Grant and Cooney are the keys to the rest of the season. By the sounds of it in the presser, it sounds like Grant will be healthy. Cooney needs to get going again, so who here thinks we can turn it around. I have confidence in the staff and our players that they can turn it around. Bashing a player really does nothing, except buries one confidence more, so who's still in it with the current guys?

Of course I am in. I thought we were going to win the title in 2007 and we made the NIT.

If you are not then What are we watching for? If we dont hey life goes on and its golf season.

Grant and Cooney are the keys to the rest of the season. By the sounds of it in the presser, it sounds like Grant will be healthy. Cooney needs to get going again, so who here thinks we can turn it around. I have confidence in the staff and our players that they can turn it around. Bashing a player really does nothing, except buries one confidence more, so who's still in it with the current guys?
Raising hand. Of course teams can turn it around. It happens all the time.

jesus-will-turn-it-around_blog.jpg

As a fan I would think that we can, but looking at this team objectively, it is a tough sell. Not knowing when/if Grant can come back is huge question on its prospects. Even more simply, this team cannot shoot. That is hard to overcome. I would rather be an offensive juggernaut and poor defensively, than what we are. That is why a 15 pt spread last night, was silly - we would have to hold teams to 40 to get a win that big.

Of course I am in. I thought we were going to win the title in 2007 and we made the NIT.

If you are not then What are we watching for? If we dont hey life goes on and its golf season.

I knew you would be the first to answer! I needed to change it up, to much doom and gloom on the board.

As a fan I would think that we can, but looking at this team objectively, it is a tough sell. Not knowing when/if Grant can come back is huge question on its prospects. Even more simply, this team cannot shoot. That is hard to overcome. I would rather be an offensive juggernaut and poor defensively, than what we are. That is why a 15 pt spread last night, was silly - we would have to hold teams to 40 to get a win that big.

Grant is healthy according to Boeheim. Seems like a pain issue.

I knew you would be the first to answer! I needed to change it up, to much doom and gloom on the board.

If we continue to play like this through the ACC tournament I may get concerned. I think this team just needs to get out of the regular season where the pressure will be off.

This is almost a literal replay of last season. JB being ly and calls here for him to retire. Offense falling off the rails. Lack of bench development leading to tired legs and poor play among starters. Triche = Cooney.

This is not a good team right now. The poor offense is clearly starting to affect the defense as even that has slipped a lot. Same as last year.

Lets see what happens but I trust JB and I know the guys on the team must be feeling 100% worse about the results than anyone here does. So yes, I think this can and will turn around.

If we continue to play like this through the ACC tournament I may get concerned. I think this team just needs to get out of the regular season where the pressure will be off.

Why is the pressure off when the regular season ends? I would have thought losing to BC and 3 of 4 would have lessened the pressure a bit. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just don't see it. We have struggled to put away just about everyone on our schedule this year. I think if we would have lost some games early on we wouldn't be as shocked where we are now. No question Grant makes us a better team, but we are probably closer to 20-25th ranked team than a top 10 one.

Defensively I think we can certainly get back to being the team we were earlier in the year especially defending the 3. Offensively I am not so sure, from a shooting standpoint this team looks shot. Outside of CJ and Tyler (both to a certain extent) even wide open looks for the other guys I have no confidence they will make it. Cooney and Silent G both had some good looks last night that werent even close.

Why is the pressure off when the regular season ends? I would have thought losing to BC and 3 of 4 would have lessened the pressure a bit. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just don't see it. We have struggled to put away just about everyone on our schedule this year. I think if we would have lost some games early on we wouldn't be as shocked where we are now. No question Grant makes us a better team, but we are probably closer to 20-25th ranked team than a top 10 one.

because we get out of the grind of the regular season. All of this pressure to get a 1 seed, get Buffalo, get NYC, grant hurt, etc. Get out of the regular season, hit the reset button and see what happens. We know where we will approximately be in the tournament so just go out and play.

I refuse to accept that we are now completely toast. We won 25 games in a row so obviously something was working. time to find it.

I thought maybe it was a fluke and I didn't ask the right way and this is what I got next :(

19.gif

Of course we can turn it around. The team is full of TALENT. But will we?

It's been a long downwards trend. Anything is possible in March, because so many factors are involved. We've seen it all, too. 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 (?).

Who thinks we Can and Will turn it around?

I'm all in.

I think JB and the staff can fix this, the only thing that can't be fixed is a locker room problem, and boy I hope we don't have one of those, it doesn't appear so, at least from the outsiders view.

I definitely think the team plays at least 6 more games this year.

Team can definitely turn it around once Grant is healthy. But Cooney needs to be productive rather than a liability. He's had less than a handful of good games throughout the conference regular season. This skid he's been on has been for much longer than most people realize.

Our big men need to step up. Stop missing all the gimmes around the rim.

Need to stop taking fade away jumpers every time the shot clock gets low (Cooney, Ennis, Fair)

We need to actually go for rebounds and box out rather than stand and stare at the ball.

Free throws.

Love this...Abso-frickin'-lutely...substitute lacrosse for golf and I'm all-in...

My new sig - Forza Azzurri - thinking we're winning the title every year since 1976, including '93

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom