Conley, Brumbaugh Fired | Syracusefan.com

Conley, Brumbaugh Fired

Cause D was the problem

Conley was one of the better coaches / recruiters on staff

Very Sad Day for me. I can't wait to see who the upgrade will be on a Linebacker Coach. Very sad.

Marrone taking things seriously now. Getting rid of DC had to be difficult to do.

James Harrison may be available. Or steal from the pitt staff

Cause D was the problem

If anything I thought the secondary was the problem on defense. The defensive line regressed, so I kind of understand that, but I thought Conley was doing a very good job.

Marrone taking things seriously now. Getting rid of DC had to be difficult to do.

Heard he was offered a s&c position. But I would imagine a huge paycut. Guess he didn't take it.

Cause D was the problem

really have a hard time understanding the Conley firing - only thing I can think of is that he wasn't getting along with Shafer for whatever reason

after the past 2 seasons I would think a change at OC would be much more justified :noidea:

I can only speculate that those 2 and the DC didn't get along.

News travels fast on message boards and blogs - ah, those secret sources.

Thought Brumbaugh did a good job with the DTs and I am a fan of Dan Conley. Sorry to see both go. I think Scott Shafer wants his people at the coaching positions on the defensive side of the ball and expect to see these guys replaced with players from the Shafer/Mallory coaching tree.

I wonder if Mike Mallory might end up one of the hires? He worked with DM with the Saints, worked with Shafer at Illinois and Northern Illinois and is the son of Bill Mallory, who has had a big influence on Shafer and his career. He has been a defensive coach, mostly working with LBs and now has extensive experience working with special teams.

When they worked together before, Mallory was the DC. He might not want to take a college position that is not at the DC level, but who knows, he might be sick of coaching in the pros.

yup fire a guy who has had some success and keep the bozo's running a the dead horse offense

man marrone wants to kick the last few fans in the goods

Wrong side of the ball DM.

I would imagine Jimmy B was a financial decision. Don't need 2 coaches for 4 starters. It frees up money for an actual OC.

Thought Brumbaugh did a good job with the DTs and I am a fan of Dan Conley. Sorry to see both go. I think Scott Shafer wants his people at the coaching positions on the defensive side of the ball and expect to see these guys replaced with players from the Shafer/Mallory coaching tree.

I wonder if Mike Mallory might end up one of the hires? He worked with DM with the Saints, worked with Shafer at Illinois and Northern Illinois and is the son of Bill Mallory, who has had a big influence on Shafer and his career. He has been a defensive coach, mostly working with LBs and now has extensive experience working with special teams.
Need a great recruiter just as, if not more so, importantly.

I wonder if Mike Mallory might end up one of the hires? He worked with DM with the Saints and is the son of Bill Mallory, who has had a big influence on Shafer and his career. He has been a defensive coach, mostly working with LBs and now has extensive experience working with special teams.

This didn't help P&D in their day by going the Verizon route.

I wonder if Lyn getting some "facetime" with a coach involved either Brumbaugh or Dan Conley?

I would imagine Jimmy B was a financial decision. Don't need 2 coaches for 4 starters. It frees up money for an actual OC.

Weren't there reports that Brumbaugh never really settled well being a southern guy in CNY? Didnt ever get the impression he planned on staying too long.

This didn't help P&D in their day by going the Verizon route.
I am not advocating hiring Mallory, just thinking it is someone Shafer might want to hire. I get the impression Marrone is giving Shafer complete responsibilty for the defense, and he wants people who know his system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom