Frank Howard Suspended | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard Suspended

Enlighten us

Not saying I know what he did to get suspended, but you don’t have to have inside info to recognize some of the things that didn’t get him suspended.

$3.50
RxYjHtl.jpg

Can somebody pee-em me the deets? Da straight skinny. Da troof, not no fiction, yo.

After Frank tripped Zion, didn't he say something like, "i wouldn't do anything to damage all the work I've done..."

I guess he was kidding. The trip didn't work, so I'm guessing he had to up the ante? :)

I think Pete Gillen was spot on. This is a small blip. Frank Howard did not have a good year, he's the main reason the offense stalls.
Agree..I like our offense so much more with Tyus and Buddy in the backcourt. I also prefer Jalen attacking the paint(even though it could lead to turnovers), than I do Frank dribbling in place killing time and then forcing bad shots(basically a turnover anyway).

Agree..I like our offense so much more with Tyus and Buddy in the backcourt. I also prefer Jalen attacking the paint(even though it could lead to turnovers), than I do Frank dribbling in place killing time and then forcing bad shots(basically a turnover anyway).
That may be, but we have 1 less option now. Foul trouble or a bad game from ty or buddy is trouble

Stayed away from responding for awhile to avoid an epically angry rant.

Now this pretty much sums up my attitude...

tenor.gif
That's actually a live look at what happened when it happened. The sweater is Frank's and I think he stole the jeans from Geno Thorpe.

- When i started reading this thread, it was 14 pages. Now it's 16 and about to be 17.

- I think what makes most sense si that SU took a blood test before we play so the NCAA won't find anything after we play and Frank flunked. It has to have been something that happened or was discovered there or JB wouldn't have sound so optimistic in his initial news conference,saying how ready and prepared we were, better than last year, etc. I agree that any action based on the trip would have been taken already and that if Frank had been arrested, that would have been the headline. Remember that our last probation was over not applying the drug policy firmly. They didn't want to make the same mistake again.

- I think "indefinitely" has to mean more than 1 game or they would have said he was suspended for a game. .

- I wonder how many schools have lost a key player on the eve of the tournament three times in this decade?

- The enforcement of discipline does not show a lack of discipline. it shows the opposite.

- It's too bad because frank had finally started to play like the frank of last year, maybe the legendary Frank of last summer, when he supposedly too it to another level. Buddy, not Jalen, will be his primary replacement but he's unlikely to have a 28 point game. We can over-come this but we don't be as good.

- I still think we beat Baylor. I already thought this was Gonzaga's year to beat us, so maybe this changes nothing. We can still give them a game, just as we've done against Duke three times, against North carolina and against Virginia until they started reigning threes.

- 21-14 will be disappointing but it could have been worse.

How is our offense better without Frank? Genuine question, not trying to be an ass. I believe it’s far better with him in.
He dribbles the ball too much and makes stupid decisions like not holding the ball after getting a rebound when we were down 3 in the Duke game. Instead he goes 3-1 coughs it up and gives an and 1 back the other way. He has the lowest basketball iq on the team. He’s not a great shooter and can’t drive by anyone.

Isn’t one of the main objectives of participating of this board is to gain knowledge that isn’t easily accessible to the public? So if he doesn’t know something, shouldn’t he let it be known?

Great point!!! This board is so super secret because most people don't have access to the world wide web. We're years away from anybody being able to check a free board for information.

- When i started reading this thread, it was 14 pages. Now it's 16 and about to be 17.

- I think what makes most sense si that SU took a blood test before we play so the NCAA won't find anything after we play and Frank flunked. It has to have been something that happened or was discovered there or JB wouldn't have sound so optimistic in his initial news conference,saying how ready and prepared we were, better than last year, etc. I agree that any action based on the trip would have been taken already and that if Frank had been arrested, that would have been the headline. Remember that our last probation was over not applying the drug policy firmly. They didn't want to make the same mistake again.

- I think "indefinitely" has to mean more than 1 game or they would have said he was suspended for a game. .

- I wonder how many schools have lost a key player on the eve of the tournament three times in this decade?

- The enforcement of discipline does not show a lack of discipline. it shows the opposite.

- It's too bad because frank had finally started to play like the frank of last year, maybe the legendary Frank of last summer, when he supposedly too it to another level. Buddy, not Jalen, will be his primary replacement but he's unlikely to have a 28 point game. We can over-come this but we don't be as good.

- I still think we beat Baylor. I already thought this was Gonzaga's year to beat us, so maybe this changes nothing. We can still give them a game, just as we've done against Duke three times, against North carolina and against Virginia until they started reigning threes.

It better not have been a theranos blood test. Those things aren’t accurate

I don’t want to go thru all of player Indiscretions but this isn’t new with Frank Howard.

Mark Titus said this about when asked which program would be the best to be a walk-on member on.

“… from what I can tell, Jim Boeheim is way past caring what his players do. This is anecdotal evidence, but when I was at Ohio State, we played Syracuse in Madison Square Garden in the preseason NIT one year. Both teams stayed at the same hotel in Times Square. After getting done with film around 10 p.m. the night before the game, Coach Matta said he wanted us all to go straight up to bed. My walk-on roommate and I laughed at this suggestion and instead left to explore the city since we didn’t need to get rest just to sit on the bench the next day. Anyway, as the clock neared midnight and we walked back to the hotel, we spotted a group of Syracuse players (some of whom were starters) out on the town. What they were up to I don’t know, but I do know that there are very few college basketball coaches who would be cool with their starters walking around Times Square at midnight the night before a game. If Boeheim lets this slide with his scholarship players, you can only assume how little he cares what his walk-ons do.”

Is that why Matta got fired and Jimmy is in the Hall of Fame?

Good post, except for the premature finality of your last sentence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom