Frank Howard Suspended | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard Suspended

What’s the timeframe for a suspension for this offense?

As much as this s*cks, and it surely does for a variety of reasons, I'm not sure how much it actually changes our tournament results.

We had a decent chance of beating Baylor and I think we still do.

We had very little chance of beating the Zags and it's somewhat less than that now.

'Howard, a senior point guard and leader'

Yeah, let's just go with senior point guard.

Better yet, let's just go with senior.
Let's go with seni

You shouldn't do anything the NCAA doesn't require. Especially when you can get sanctioned for not following a policy that isn't required in the 1st place.

If you want a policy at least word it so you have some wiggle room in a case like this when the ncaat is on the line

From the DO Article: The penalty for failing an NCAA test related to a performance-enhancing drug means a student-athlete loses one full year of eligibility for a first offense, according to the NCAA. Tampering with an NCAA drug test results in a student-athlete being declared ineligible for participation in postseason competition. Not showing up for an NCAA drug test, or refusing to provide a sample, results in the same penalty as a positive drug test result for a PED.

I'm not 100% certain, but if you use a player who fails a post-game drug test, you may have to forfeit the game, and you will lose all your NCAA Tournament money for the year.

You do NOT want to fail an NCAA random test. This is why schools test players before the tournament, so there are no post-game surprises.

No it wouldn't. We got in trouble for not enforcing our drug testing policy. But you are not required yo have a drug testing policy

I understand that. But the last thing you want after getting in trouble for not enforcing your policy is to have the public perception that you’re STILL not enforcing the policy. I’m talking about the PR aspect. You don’t want to give the NCAA any reason whatsoever to come sniffing around again.

From the DO Article: The penalty for failing an NCAA test related to a performance-enhancing drug means a student-athlete loses one full year of eligibility for a first offense, according to the NCAA. Tampering with an NCAA drug test results in a student-athlete being declared ineligible for participation in postseason competition. Not showing up for an NCAA drug test, or refusing to provide a sample, results in the same penalty as a positive drug test result for a PED.

I'm not 100% certain, but if you use a player who fails a post-game drug test, you may have to forfeit the game, and you will lose all your NCAA Tournament money for the year.

You do NOT want to fail an NCAA random test. This is why schools test players before the tournament, so there are no post-game surprises.
That's fine. Have your policy read that it is a 1 game suspension then. Test him again prior to next game and if he's clean, he plays.

This would make a ton of sense

Written by two fantastic DO grads, both now at WaPo. Eli has won a Pulitzer too.

Epic piece. With all due respect to the very good syracuse.com writers, I'm not sure I've ever seen anything as good there.

Perhaps his meatloaf at the new Golden Corral was tainted with illicit drugs and then he got into an argument with someone over the I-81 community grid forcing him to take pain medication.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom