Important Road Win | Syracusefan.com

Important Road Win

It was a quality victory. Before today this was considered a Tier 1 victory (Top 75 Road Win). I suspect Notre Dame will be walking that line between Tier 1 and Tier 2 all year.

We will now have two Tier 3 Losses after today (Old Dominion and UConn). UConn is getting manhandled at home by UCF, (down 13). But as I said in another thread, if we take care of what we need to that UConn loss falling a category is not that relevant. Do not cheer for UConn. Ever.

Really need better production from our center position but we'll take this win any way we can

It’s nice to have multiple scoring options. We already have 2 solid road wins which is a good resume builder.

Brey is a great coach he’ll still have them around .500 in league play when it’s all said and done

The next two are at home and (should be) winnable, Clemson and Georgia Tech.

Nice job of rebounding the basketball on both ends today; that will take you a long way. Frank is working his way back, as well. Excellent win.

It’s nice to have multiple scoring options. We already have 2 solid road wins which is a good resume builder.

Brey is a great coach he’ll still have them around .500 in league play when it’s all said and done
I hope they can turn it around and play better down the road as today's win will become more impressive. Unfortunately, I feel they are a year away, and will finish at the bottom of the league. Thankfully, they did not look good today as the officiating kept the game within reach and have not looked good in their previous games.

Really need better production from our center position but we'll take this win any way we can
Center position has been weak all year. Someone suggested that Chuckwu should apply for another year, noooooo! Time for him to move on. Marek is playing out of position but with his skills he is their best option in that position. I am disappointed in Sidibe. I thought with a year under his belt and the potential he flashed last year, he would challenge for the starting C position. I am waiting for Boeheim to recruit a center that has offensive abilities in the low post and can actually shoot a jump shot.

It was a quality victory. Before today this was considered a Tier 1 victory (Top 75 Road Win). I suspect Notre Dame will be walking that line between Tier 1 and Tier 2 all year.

We will now have two Tier 3 Losses after today (Old Dominion and UConn). UConn is getting manhandled at home by UCF, (down 13). But as I said in another thread, if we take care of what we need to that UConn loss falling a category is not that relevant. Do not cheer for UConn. Ever.

At the same time I’m rooting for Georgetown to beat St. John’s.

blood_from_stone.jpg

Great road win...thanks to unusually good 3-point shooting. Our bigs were pathetic. I don't know why we can't recruit a half decent big man like so many mid majors seem to have.

Great road win...thanks to unusually good 3-point shooting. Our bigs were pathetic. I don't know why we can't recruit a half decent big man like so many mid majors seem to have.
I can not understand why Chukwu has shown no improvement in either skill or strength, but I guess he is what he is. Sidibe is trying but not there, I believe his problems are physical(legs/knees), he is learning to play differently than he always could before, it will take time.
We will bring in Akok next year but probably a project, we must get another body at center preferably someone with a little bulk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom