Syracuse folks worst tippers? | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse folks worst tippers?

I rarely ever do delivery, but when I do I think I always just tip $3, regardless of price. Those kids all drive like anyway. Menaces!!! :)

i always tip high, I'm a college student but I'd like to think people would return the favor and show me a random act of kindness if they could

Worked in the hotel industry in my 20's doing room service both in Syracuse and in South Florida. It really varies a lot. Airline people, stewardesses and pilots are the worst tippers without question. Old women by demographic are the worst, younger men (20's-30's) are the best.

Tipping threads on forums usually get a lot of traffic as you always have the occasional person who doesn't tip and doesn't see the point etc.

My only issue with tipping is I tip a set amount per person in my party, not the 20%. I think its ridiculous to tip more for a steak than a burger because of the higher price on the menu.

That said customer service has gone down hill a lot over the last 10-15 years

Worked in the hotel industry in my 20's doing room service both in Syracuse and in South Florida. It really varies a lot. Airline people, stewardesses and pilots are the worst tippers without question. Old women by demographic are the worst, younger men (20's-30's) are the best.

Tipping threads on forums usually get a lot of traffic as you always have the occasional person who doesn't tip and doesn't see the point etc.

My only issue with tipping is I tip a set amount per person in my party, not the 20%. I think its ridiculous to tip more for a steak than a burger because of the higher price on the menu.

What is your set amount per person ? I've considered this for the same reason you mentioned.

Foreigners are the worst, just because they aren't accustomed to it. They don't understand how the industry works here with waitstaff not getting paid a decent hourly wage.

I used to have a boss from Oklahoma - master's degree and everything - who would never go above 8% for the tip. I tried to explain to him how this thing actually works but he wouldn't hear any of it. I'd have to sneak back and toss a couple extra bucks on the table so we wouldn't have our food spit in the next day.

What is your set amount per person ? I've considered this for the same reason you mentioned.
Also curious about this.

My wife used to be a hostess at a very fancy restaurant. She gets upset if our tip isn't around 20%.

$5-7 a person. Usually for breakfast through dinner unless its high end places in NYC and such the meals mostly are $12-$30 a person. $5-7 is fine and is usually around 20% anyhow.

I mean seriously, that server is not going to be anymore helpful or hopefully less helpful had you ordered a $10 med. rare burger compared to a $25 med rare steak. She isnt going to bring it faster, so Ill do my set amount rather than a % off a bill the server didnt do anything differently.

Foreigners are the worst, just because they aren't accustomed to it. They don't understand how the industry works here with waitstaff not getting paid a decent hourly wage.

I used to have a boss from Oklahoma - master's degree and everything - who would never go above 8% for the tip. I tried to explain to him how this thing actually works but he wouldn't hear any of it. I'd have to sneak back and toss a couple extra bucks on the table so we wouldn't have our food spit in the next day.

Some foreigners I recall were pretty bad, because just as you said, they don't do it over in their country. Also I have seen some f'ed up things in a kitchen working, but I have never, ever seen someone mess with or spit in someones food. 5 second rule, I have seen countless times, but for the places I worked in my teens and 20's, they usually had standards. They will for sure bitch and complain in the server station or in the kitchen about the cheap asses, they may take a bit extra time with getting your food out, or try and pass your table to another server but money is money.

Unless they are really cheap, I have seen a bellman hand back change to a few older people, as they just gave him a handful of pennies and dimes and tell them they need it more than he does.

Ive seen a ton working in hotels. I have seen p.ornos being made, I have seen a woman getting plowed on the 6th floor balcony while a wedding ceremony is going on, and during the vows you hear her screaming "F#c% me, harder" and 200 people turn to look up. I have seen a wedding reception accidentally being served scrambled egg mix for a salad dressing as someone thought it was a Mango vinaigrette. I personally had a con artist team try and accuse me of stealing $35,000 worth of jewelry from their room, right in front of them and have a Miami Detective tell me Id be someones bitch in prison if he didnt get a straight answer. I have seen a bellman bring around a $90,000 Jag and flip an 80 year old lady up over the hood because he was trying to adjust the stereo. I have also witnessed more nudity and exhibitionism in hotels than most p.orn movies.

A lot of good times. I need to write a book

Some foreigners I recall were pretty bad, because just as you said, they don't do it over in their country. Also I have seen some f'ed up things in a kitchen working, but I have never, ever seen someone mess with or spit in someones food. 5 second rule, I have seen countless times, but for the places I worked in my teens and 20's, they usually had standards. They will for sure bitch and complain in the server station or in the kitchen about the cheap asses, they may take a bit extra time with getting your food out, or try and pass your table to another server but money is money.

Unless they are really cheap, I have seen a bellman hand back change to a few older people, as they just gave him a handful of pennies and dimes and tell them they need it more than he does.

Ive seen a ton working in hotels. I have seen p.ornos being made, I have seen a woman getting plowed on the 6th floor balcony while a wedding ceremony is going on, and during the vows you hear her screaming "F#c% me, harder" and 200 people turn to look up. I have seen a wedding reception accidentally being served scrambled egg mix for a salad dressing as someone thought it was a Mango vinaigrette. I personally had a con artist team try and accuse me of stealing $35,000 worth of jewelry from their room, right in front of them and have a Miami Detective tell me Id be someones bitch in prison if he didnt get a straight answer. I have seen a bellman bring around a $90,000 Jag and flip an 80 year old lady up over the hood because he was trying to adjust the stereo. I have also witnessed more nudity and exhibitionism in hotels than most p.orn movies.

Why in the name of god would you ever give up a job like that!!?

Why in the name of god would you ever give up a job like that!!?

You really have to like people, and deal with their bullshit day in and day out. After 10 years or so, I just started hating people and catering to them.

Sharing pictures would be nice as well.

Sharing pictures would be nice as well.

TLaut_uh-NO_zps0dcef3c8.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online