What did Boeheim say | Syracusefan.com

What did Boeheim say

Matt park is the only one who heard it and he won't give it up.

Matt park is the only one who heard it and he won't give it up.
He can't be the only one who heard it -- they sit several seats apart. He's the only one with a Twitter account being asked about it.

He can't be the only one who heard it -- they sit several seats apart. He's the only one with a Twitter account being asked about it.
True. I meant what you said

JB ripped into him for announcing things like Cooney breaking his record if 3's in a game then dong it again when he tied the SU record. He was doing it during play.

Not the first time JB has ripped into a PA guy for saying something at the wrong time.

I have no clue what he said to him, but the list of potential reasons is endless:

1. Announcing 'Block by Christmas' even though the ball was still in play (I would have yelled at him for that)
2. Uttering the phrase 'A deuce for the Cuse' out loud
3. Tipping off the opponent that Broyld is in at QB
4. Mentioning Cooney tying/breaking records in the middl eof play

JB ripped into him for announcing things like Cooney breaking his record if 3's in a game then dong it again when he tied the SU record. He was doing it during play.

Not the first time JB has ripped into a PA guy for saying something at the wrong time.

my guess was boeheim was saying something to that effect... he couldnt wait 30 seconds?

JB was a little surlier than usual at his PC. I guess CJ wasn't the only one having an off day.

That is awful form by Veley. The guy is boring...AND unprofessional? Wow. Good for JB.

It should be obvious to anyone who was at the game. He was lauding Cooney for tying the SU record for threes in a game...during a 5 point game...with about 3 or 4 minutes left. By no means did we have the result locked up. I would have been pissed at him too. This isn't the NBA.

Veley is terrible. I would love to see him replaced

@BrentAxeMedia: While I was talking to Gerry McNamara about Cooney it came up they announced Cooney's record over PA. Gmac was clearly annoyed they did that

I don't understand. What's wrong with mentioning the record?
It seemed to me like maybe Notre Dame locked down on Cooney after that statement b/c they assumed the ball would come to him so he could break the record ... Doesn't make much sense, though, where were they when he was raining threes from the heavens the rest of the night? Then again, I don't think he touched the ball adter that announcement ...

I like a PA announcer advising the crowd of milestones and info as soon as here's an appropriate moment to do it. If it's a 3-point record...then it should come after the bucket.

Veley didn't just do it once - he made at least 5 or 6 announcements during play about Cooney. I was shocked he did that. If Cooney had cooled off I bet JB would have really blasted him. It was just plain stupid.

"Mr. Excitement" is such a shrill. He's a wannabe play by play guy trapped in a PA announcer's body.

If you're a PA announcer and you're doing a good job, nobody notices you. Veley's problem is that he wants the attention.

iommi said:
It's bad form in the middle of the game and it could be a distraction for a shooter like Cooney.

When he hit his 7th he was going back in defense and Veleys announcing his personal best. I think another came while someone was going to the foul line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom