Frank Howard Suspended | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard Suspended

I worked as dJ at Sutters back in the day.. the week before NCAA tourney a star senior player (I wont name) was in every night drinking and picked up girls ..he played like crap and we lost in 1st sweet 16 game .. and he didnt make it in pros

That could be any number of guys.

What could he possibly have done that you don’t brush under the rug for what will likely be only a couple days? Amazes me.

How does it take this long for the athletic department to make this type of decision? Why bring him out to Salt Lake City if they knew he wouldn't play?
It may have been something that happened after they left Syracuse and nothing at all to do with the Zion trip.

That doesn’t mean it’s a problem. It’s not like there are weekly incidents. They’re few and far between. Virtually every program has this.
Cmon man we all love JB but discipline hasn’t exactly been the strongest stalwart within the program.
I am not saying JB has to quit or anything like that but he doesn’t run a tight ship.
He is loose with the players. That has benefits but also has negatives.

Since this keeps coming up, is weed actually prohibited by the NCAA? Wasn’t the whole issue with JB that he didn’t enforce SU’s marijuana policy and that it wouldn’t be a violation at all if the policy didn’t exist?

It is. And they recently lowered the thresholdBut as noted the NCAA tests AFTER the games and this was termed a violation of SU Athletics policy, not NCAA.

I worked as dJ at Sutters back in the day.. the week before NCAA tourney a star senior player (I wont name) was in every night drinking and picked up girls ..he played like crap and we lost in 1st sweet 16 game .. and he didnt make it in pros
How far back in the day?

I don’t want to go thru all of player Indiscretions but this isn’t new with Frank Howard.

Mark Titus said this about when asked which program would be the best to be a walk-on member on.

“… from what I can tell, Jim Boeheim is way past caring what his players do. This is anecdotal evidence, but when I was at Ohio State, we played Syracuse in Madison Square Garden in the preseason NIT one year. Both teams stayed at the same hotel in Times Square. After getting done with film around 10 p.m. the night before the game, Coach Matta said he wanted us all to go straight up to bed. My walk-on roommate and I laughed at this suggestion and instead left to explore the city since we didn’t need to get rest just to sit on the bench the next day. Anyway, as the clock neared midnight and we walked back to the hotel, we spotted a group of Syracuse players (some of whom were starters) out on the town. What they were up to I don’t know, but I do know that there are very few college basketball coaches who would be cool with their starters walking around Times Square at midnight the night before a game. If Boeheim lets this slide with his scholarship players, you can only assume how little he cares what his walk-ons do.”
What? Wth does this have to do with anything going on right now? And for all we know, the team curfew was midnight? And the team typically stays at the Marriott Marquis, which is in Times Square.
I'm not saying we haven't had some issues in the past, but I do know we were investigated for a really long time and they didn't find much of anything.

Cmon man we all love JB but discipline hasn’t exactly been the strongest stalwart within the program.
I am not saying JB has to quit or anything like that but he doesn’t run a tight ship.
He is loose with the players. That has benefits but also has negatives.
And the negatives are few and far between.

Do the Pats have a discipline problem? Of course not. But sometimes players get suspended. That’s on them.

Those casting stones at Frank clearly don’t know Frank. Frank is many things but he’s not stupid. He would not wait 4 years to all of a sudden jeopardize his team, his future, etc... or start acting dumb.

At least that was the post-trip narrative.
Getting suspended before a tourney game is stupid. I don't know the kid but he makes a lot of boneheaded decisions.

One sports reporter said they saw Frank last night out in Salt Lake City on a scooter. Maybe got in trouble with the law...

Do the Pats have a discipline problem? Of course not. But sometimes players get suspended. That’s on them.
yeah for murder

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom