Frank Howard Suspended | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard Suspended

From the DO Article: The penalty for failing an NCAA test related to a performance-enhancing drug means a student-athlete loses one full year of eligibility for a first offense, according to the NCAA. Tampering with an NCAA drug test results in a student-athlete being declared ineligible for participation in postseason competition. Not showing up for an NCAA drug test, or refusing to provide a sample, results in the same penalty as a positive drug test result for a PED.

I'm not 100% certain, but if you use a player who fails a post-game drug test, you may have to forfeit the game, and you will lose all your NCAA Tournament money for the year.

You do NOT want to fail an NCAA random test. This is why schools test players before the tournament, so there are no post-game surprises.
Do we know if pot is actually still tested for by the NCAA? If a player was found positive for pot and had played - that team would actually forfeit the game and money? It's 2019 people. That's patently absurd if true.

That's fine. Have your policy read that it is a 1 game suspension then. Test him again prior to next game and if he's clean, he plays.

That’s why the announced suspension is indefinite.

Tough break I smoked tons of weed in college even though I don’t like the stuff anymore. Actually hadn’t smoked weed in 3 or 4 months but I’m in Tahoe my friend bought some expensive stuff in the dispensary and I couldn’t even notice I smoked when I took a few hits weeds like cigarettes at this point. Very unfair. Just gotta get behind the guys who are gonna play. I was planning on putting 2 or 3 grand on us moneyline vs Gonzaga but can’t do that now. That’s actually all I thought about this morning when I was skiing was how overrated the Zags were how underrated we were and what I’d do with the payday.

I’ll be honest ladies and gents. I had no clue what was happening, just wanted to see how many would ask for me to PM them and all those who asked in the thread. And y’all didn’t disappoint. And to those who did PM sorry for letting y’all down.

Was bored as I was cooking my chicken parm.

To be fair, you haven't really seen the whole thread. ;)
Thank you. I’m disappointed in much of what I have read, including from a Syracuse.com reporter.

Last edited:
You can’t get drug tested at NCAA events until after the game.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/f...pionship_Site_Coordinator_Manual_20180710.pdf

Syracuse wouldn’t have traveled Frank to Salt Lake City if he failed a Syracuse test.

Pure speculation.

What may have occurred was he failed the test, then he appealed the results and subsequently failed the retest after the team had already traveled.

On the opther hand, why wouldn't he travel? He's still on the team right?

Tough break I smoked tons of weed in college even though I don’t like the stuff anymore. Actually hadn’t smoked weed in 3 or 4 months but I’m in Tahoe my friend bought some expensive stuff in the dispensary and I couldn’t even notice I smoked when I took a few hits weeds like cigarettes at this point. Very unfair. Just gotta get behind the guys who are gonna play. I was planning on putting 2 or 3 grand on us moneyline vs Gonzaga but can’t do that now. That’s actually all I thought about this morning when I was skiing was how overrated the Zags were how underrated we were and what I’d do with the payday.

Username makes sense.

I don’t believe the DO story.

Well you should believe it. I posted long ago in this thread that it was a failed drug test for weed. Like I said then, I don't agree with a suspension for weed, but Frank knew the rules and he didn't adhere to them. Screwed over himself and the team.

Why not? If he last smoked up a while ago he could be close to a passing grade.
If Frank failed a drug test he is done fo the season.
It’s not going to cycle out of his system within a week.
Frank would have to had to smoke the joint while in Charlotte till Sunday.

Username makes sense.

These are college kids playing for free dude this sucks but give it 10 years and all the people punished for weed will be owed reparations. I don’t even like weed or consider it a miracle plant makes you lazy.

Like I said I’m sad in general but was so excited to seriously cash in on a +400 moneyline lock Gonzaga is mad overrated that conference is trash and they haven’t played a real game in 3 months.

Perhaps his meatloaf at the new Golden Corral was tainted with illicit drugs and then he got into an argument with someone over the I-81 community grid forcing him to take pain medication.

Anyone have the address for Golden Corral?

As much as this s*cks, and it surely does for a variety of reasons, I'm not sure how much it actually changes our tournament results.

We had a decent chance of beating Baylor and I think we still do.

We had very little chance of beating the Zags and it's somewhat less than that now.

Tend to agree, but I wound have liked to see what we could do at full strength. Frank’s immaturity just erased that possibility.

These are college kids playing for free dude this sucks but give it 10 years and all the people punished for weed will be owed reparations. I don’t even like weed or consider it a miracle plant makes you lazy.

Like I said I’m sad in general but was so excited to seriously cash in on a +400 moneyline lock Gonzaga is mad overrated that conference is trash and they haven’t played a real game in 3 months.

Syracuse is definitely going to owe Frank reparations for all the good he's done this program. :(

....at least he found a way to drown his sorrow for playing for free.

27 pages! Well, that escalated quickly. Does anyone know anything or is it still speculation?
[PM me?]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom