Chat Room Histrionics | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Chat Room Histrionics

IPA...yuck

Guess I don't need to waste any money buying you some of these.

heady%20topper%20001-thumb-400x300-52755.jpg

By the way, that's the best beer in the world right now. Or so they say.

I enjoy the chat room - I'll occasionally check it out during timeouts and then at halftime and after the game. I have no problem with the venting that goes on - I do that myself in front of the TV. However, when people extrapolate our poor performance in the first half and make comments like our team is mediocre offensively etc (for the year overall)., then I feel it's OK to call them on such comments.

It happens on the forum as well after a loss. Some posters make far too big of a deal about one game and try to use that game as an indictment of our team in some way. I have no doubt it will happen again this year.

I think all of us enjoy discussing the team, including weaknesses of the team. I don't think any of us have a problem with that unless you're a part of a very small minority who thinks we should never criticize our team. But if people make over the top statements, they should be prepared to be called on it. Sometimes it's best to let your emotions dial down after a game before posting. I've learned that myself in the past.

Cheers to all the posters here and participants in the chat room - you enrich my life as an Orangemen fan even if we may disagree at times :) Let's Go Orange!

Great Post Marsh, I would recommend you give the chat room a shot there is definitely some good discussions in there. The guy with the Coach handle usually has some good insights from and X and O standpoint and is a good read. Your right about wanting to have a discussion about the potential flaws and what that means come March but as you noted it becomes a pissing match when you even bring it up.

Coach Orange is one of the best posters here at breaking down each play. He's worth the price of admission alone in the chat room.

You could probably get a case of those for the price of one 4-pack of Heady. Then again, there is approximately the same amount of flavor and alcohol in those two options.

I am just not a hoppy beer guy. Tried to be but I cant do it

CuseFaninVT said:
You could probably get a case of those for the price of one 4-pack of Heady. Then again, there is approximately the same amount of flavor and alcohol in those two options.

Heady is cheap for what it is given the demand for it. While $12/4 pack will sound expensive to the macro beer drinkers out there, they could easily sell it for several dollars more. But the owner wants to keep the price affordable and I applaud him for that.

I am just not a hoppy beer guy. Tried to be but I cant do it

It has to be warmer than 75 degrees outside for me to really enjoy a good hoppy beer. Other people like the wheat beers in the summer, for me its hops.

I'm a big malty guy this time of year. the browner the better.

Heady is cheap for what it is given the demand for it. While $12/4 pack will sound expensive to the macro beer drinkers out there, they could easily sell it for several dollars more. But the owner wants to keep the price affordable can I applaud him for that.

I've bought 5 4-packs in the last 2 weeks (for family out of town) and there is nowhere I know of that you can get Heady for less than 14.99 a pack. Plus taxes and deposit.

They seem to be really kicking up the supply lately though. the store in front of my development used to sell out the same day it was delivered, but they are getting more and it's lasting 3-5 days.

I view this as the same as the OT thread complaining or the sophomoric post complaining. If you don't like it don't participate. I went once and it wasn't for me but I completely get being frustrated during games and if this is providing an outlet for some fans to vent great no issues. I don't like doing the chat room during games but you know what it doesn't bother me a bit because I'm not there. Honestly we didn't do a whole lot in the first 30 minutes to get excited about in a positive manor. Yes we rebounded and defended well but even when we ran good offense and got the shots we wanted most of them didn't look so good after we shot them. It happens I'm sure that many chatted about it. :noidea: Whats the big deal? If it is a big deal umm I don't know leave the chat room or something.
Or you could try to effect change (see OP). Kind of the American Way, isn't it?

I agree that it's not a big deal and that last night wasn't that bad. But being an argumentative guy as I am, when people say things that are blatantly factually incorrect (e.g. We su--, or that seemingly every call against us is a bad call), I either have to argue with them or I get more frustrated with them than I am with the game itself. Even so, being in the chatroom is almost always worth it.

what bothers me more then the negative fans and attitude when our team is down, is the people that bitch about the negative fans constantly

worry about your self all this board does is bitch about people bitching
Wonderful thought process. :confused:

Also not sure what board you are referring to. At 20-0 not sure our team is down. Just gave it some thought and SU is not down. Apparently yours is, whoever that is. Very rarely is there a thread on the childish tantrums some throw. So you are way off there as well. Did you come from some other board by mistake? Sounds to me like its maybe Rutgers.

Now just maybe you are being sarcastic, given that you are bitching about people bitching about people bitching.

Damn - now I'm completely baffled - time for a nap. To be continued--------

You're a worse offender than me... but somehow. I'm the bad guy.

Ridiculous.

I quit.

Oh sheesh... Again? You're a habitual quitter. Probably a habitual something else, but this is a family show (until JarHeadJim shows up anyway).

And I probably am worse than you. I get tired of topics.

CuseFaninVT said:
I've bought 5 4-packs in the last 2 weeks (for family out of town) and there is nowhere I know of that you can get Heady for less than 14.99 a pack. Plus taxes and deposit.

They seem to be really kicking up the supply lately though. the store in front of my development used to sell out the same day it was delivered, but they are getting more and it's lasting 3-5 days.

Yeah - it's more expensive on the retail shelves since they had to close their brewery location to retail sales. It was $12 at the brewery. They are looking to open another location and hopefully we'll see their beer sold again at the $12 price.

Yeah - it's more expensive on the retail shelves since they had to close their brewery location to retail sales. It was $12 at the brewery. They are looking to open another location and hopefully we'll see their beer sold again at the $12 price.

Are you up here in VT, or just passing through? (I apologize if I've asked you this before) I never made it to their retail place at the brewery.

Did you ever make it to the Alchemist when it was open in Waterbury? Loved that place, especially after hitting Sugarbush for the day.

CuseFaninVT said:
Are you up here in VT, or just passing through? (I apologize if I've asked you this before) I never made it to their retail place at the brewery.

Did you ever make it to the Alchemist when it was open in Waterbury? Loved that place, especially after hitting Sugarbush for the day.

Just passing through. Never did get to the Alchemist before the flood. I love Waterbury - 3 top notch beer bars on the same street! I live in the Rochester area and lots of local beer enthusiasts make the journey to Vermont each year for the terrific beer being made there. I've always thought about moving to Vermont and the beer scene is another reason why :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom