Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 94 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were more confident he was coming back a couple of weeks ago. If it’s a coin flip now, then this is trending in the wrong direction.

How about Mintz’s own comments? He sounds like he wants to stay in the draft and he's looking for something - anything - to justify that desire. He’s not simply looking for feedback.
here's how I see it: if he had a reason to stay in the draft - i.e. a firm promise - he would've already declared he's staying in...no?

there really wouldn't be any benefit for him to hide the decision to stay in the draft if he has laready made that call...right?

looks like he is hoping to get that promise in the last hour...which, if he doesn't have one by now, good chances he won't get one in the next couple of days...but it is possible...

I'd guess his chances of returning to NCAA next season are greater than 50%

here's how I see it: if he had a reason to stay in the draft - i.e. a firm promise - he would've already declared he's staying in...no?

there really wouldn't be any benefit for him to hide the decision to stay in the draft if he has laready made that call...right?

looks like he is hoping to get that promise in the last hour...which, if he doesn't have one by now, good chances he won't get one in the next couple of days...but it is possible...

Spot on!

So can being out of college playing professional basketball.

For someone like Judah that really depends on the physical aspect. He will find out that being a guy who prefers getting into the lane and using quickness that he will get beat up until he gets stronger. The recovery will be key but also time consuming. Certainly this happens in college as well but the more physical guards and bigs and the haed screens... brings some cons. As does having to grind even more through all that as a second round/developmental guy trying to get out of the G League

Really the only thing we’re hoping to see is Judah posting that he’s coming back, right? If he’s staying in the draft, there’s no need for him to post anything as he’s already declared.

I feel like that sentiment, the experience that is college basketball as a whole just doesn't resonate with this younger generations. The NBA is always the ultimate goal and destination but maybe more than ever its front and center and even playing G league is more attractive than bigtime college hoops. Just reality these days.
Agree. I loved college, but I knew I was joining the "real world' afterwards, not getting paid to play basketball.

Last edited:

There may be last minute invites to try out with teams he wants to attend and by announcing return to college they would have crossed his name off. He may want to attend to try and secure a spot or to.solicit more feedback. There is no hurry to announce.

Disregarding basketball, college can be one of the most fun times in your life--enjoy it while you can, Judah.
Totally agree. Also, being rich and famous while in college has got to be absolutely amazing...

I was neither and still look back at those 14 years of my life with great fondness.

Historical look at 54th picks.

History of the NBA Draft – Pick Number 54​

Basketball Insiders profile picture

Basketball Insiders
Twitter

Updated 1 year ago on May 26, 2022 2 min read
Disclosure

Number 54
Year Player School/Country – Team
2019 Marial Shayok, Iowa State – Philadelphia 76ers
2018 Shake Milton, SMU – Dallas Mavericks
2017 Alec Peters, Valparaiso – Phoenix Suns
2016 Kay Felder, Oakland – Atlanta Hawks
2015 Daniel Diez, Gipuzkoa BC San Sebastian – Utah Jazz
2014 Nemanja Dangubic, Serbia – Philadelphia 76ers
2013 Arsalan Kazemi, Rice – Washington Wizards
2012 Tornike Shengelia, Belgium – Philadelphia 76ers (Draft rights traded to Brooklyn Nets)
2011 Milan Macva, Croatia – Cleveland Cavaliers
2010 Willie Warren, University of Oklahoma – L.A. Clippers
2000’s
2009 Robert Vaden, University of Alabama at Birmingham – Charlotte Bobcats
2008 Maarty Leunen, University of Oregon – Houston Rockets
2007 Brad Newley, Australia – Houston Rockets
2006 Hassan Adams, University of Arizona – New Jersey Nets
2005 Dijon Thompson, University of California, Los Angeles – New York Knicks
2004 Rickey Paulding, University of Missouri – Detroit Pistons
2003 Nedzad Sinanovic, Bosnia and Herzegovina – Portland Trail Blazers
2002 Tamar Slay, Marshall University – New Jersey Nets
2001 Maurice Jeffers, Saint Louis University – Sacramento Kings
2000 Corey Hightower, Indian Hills Community College – San Antonio Spurs

Judah 54 in aggregate.
I have no idea what he'll do, but I think he went into the process thinking he'd be slated for early second round, and would try - through the combine, workouts, etc. - to increase his stock to late first round. Hearing predictions of very late second round has to be a major disappointment for him. However, all it takes is a promise. Hornets have picks 2, 27, 34, 39 and 42. So if he gets a promise from Charlotte he's going at 42 at the latest, and he might be ok with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom