Clemson Postgame Thoughts 2 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Postgame Thoughts 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what two ACC tournament wins does for us. I hate feeling like we have to win the whole thing because that’s just not likely. Maybe 2 and we have a shot? It’s doubtful but I’m holding onto a slight sliver of hope.

Well thank goodness we didn’t even try to run a two big lineup. You would be hard pressed to find a worse coached defense. At least JB had a clearly antiquated style, this is just terrible coaching with zero understanding of how to accurately switch and how to hold players accountable.

1 game and out in the tournament because no one else will put in as little effort of this team does defensively.

Wonder what two ACC tournament wins does for us. I hate feeling like we have to win the whole thing because that’s just not likely. Maybe 2 and we have a shot? It’s doubtful but I’m holding onto a slight sliver of hope.
Nothing, every predictive measure out there required this win.

Disappointing. Needed to be better on both O and D. Way too much standing around on offense for long stretches. Lack of focus and communication on D.

Needed a sizzling shooting day and to force a lot of turnovers and didn’t happen.

Lack of size and strength showed up tonight.

Again, disappointing. Was hopeful for a big win to make the ACCT really interesting.

Probably sinks our ncha chances, barring an unforeseen run in the ACC tournament.

Clemson's players were an increment better than ours, in terms of complimentary talent.

They're going to f****** blow next year when 87% of their scoring is gone.

Lousy road game to have to play at the end of this season. Poor matchup.

Need 3 to have any shot, zero chance 2 gets it done. 3 probably doesnt either, but will put us in the conversation.

People need to get real, if we traded Girard for Mintz we’d have a losing record. We’ve seen that movie for four long horrific years.

As Dash said he has a guy who is the ultimate bail out, Mintz doesn’t.

Joe had 21 pts on 8 shot attempts
Judah had 20 pts on 21 shot attempts

The defense isn't good and really hasnt been good for a long stretch.

Cuse battled but it never felt like Clemson was in danger. Its NIT or CBI unless they win ACCT.

Girard 21 points on 8 attempts.

Judah 20 points on 21 attempts.

You beat me to it.

I have no idea how anyone can watch Judah in this game and think 1) he's ever going to the NBA or 2) we should break the bank to pay him.

He not only was a model of inefficiency on offense, he was TERRIBLE on defense and complained more than usual including in between FTs and during possessions. I'm flabbergasted he didn't get a T.

Maliq was 12 pts (on 7 FGA), 11 boards (3 O boards), 1 assist, 2 steals.

People need to get real, if we traded Girard for Mintz we’d have a losing record. We’ve seen that movie for four long horrific years.

As Dash said he has a guy who is the ultimate bail out, Mintz doesn’t.
Imagine thinking that was the “trade” Jfc.

The trade would’ve been JJ and I’m not sure we lose much. he’s had like 4 good offensive games and 30 terrible defensive ones. If anything you get an actual leader who plays for the name on the front not the back.

Ironic given what I said about them a month ago, but we need to get better on defense in the offseason.

I'm not that concerned about the offensive pieces with this staff, but we give up way too many points to quality teams to be a contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom